I’m not surprised this first one had few submissions, as I’m only just starting with the challenge. I would love to see more, so please keep your eye out for November’s challenge coming in a couple weeks.
Want more time? Subscribers to my newsletter get a sneak peak of the upcoming challenge’s prompt to get a head start on their submissions.
See the original prompt and my response here.
We had just one this first round; I hope to see more next month!
Aaron Shade – Taking Back Humanity
My inspiration as it relates to Butterflies & Hurricanes came to me as I was driving through downtown Portland. I saw this written on the side of the justice center and thought there is so much injustice in the world right now. When there is injustice, only you can change the world by fighting for what you believe.
Fights and battles have begun
Revenge will surely come
Your hard times are ahead
Fighting against injustice is difficult and takes time.
Your time is now
There is no better time than now to fight for change.
Best, You’ve got to be the best
By being the best, you are motivated to make a positive change against injustice and fight for what’s right.
And use this chance to be heard
We all have a voice, and need to use it when fighting for something.
Want to participate?
I want to see your photos!
Approximately two weeks before submissions are due, I will post a new musical prompt. You can use the lyrics, the title, the artist, how the song makes you feel, or any other way the song inspires you. Submissions will be posted the first Wednesday of each month.
Please send me:
- An image that meets the challenge
- Your website/blog post (if you have one; if not, the name you’d like attributed to your picture); I will link it with your photo
- Optionally, tell me how the song inspired your submission, and I’ll share those stories alongside your image (I’m always curious to hear how folks interpret these challenges!)
- Please send only JPEGs
- Please keep file sizes small (no larger than 1MB)
- You can submit any photograph or digital art you’d like. You can even paint something and send me a picture of it; as long as it’s visual, I want to see it!
Email your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I welcome your comments on this challenge below. Look for the next challenge in a few weeks!
Want to get the inside scoop on how I create my images?
Sign up for my monthly newsletter!